Significant New Features Include New Service Catalog, Workflow, Localization and Hybrid Voice Functionality
Significant New Features Include New Service Catalog, Workflow, Localization and Hybrid Voice FunctionalityFebruary 18, 2014 | Milpitas, Calif. — FrontRange, the Hybrid IT software company, today announced the latest major release of its HEAT Service Management solution. HEAT 2014.1 provides IT service desks with critical new features that dramatically improve workflow processes, extend service catalog support, strengthen hybrid voice capabilities and provide additional asset discovery functionality, all through an upgraded administrator UI.HEAT is the first Service Management solution that incorporates both on-premise and cloud applications on a unified code base. This approach delivers a complete service management solution from a single vendor, on a single platform, that gives customers the flexibility to leverage multi-tenant cloud or on-premise deployment options—or a combination of the two— to support their unique and evolving business needs.HEAT Cloud 2014.1 includes over a dozen new major features including:
- Service Catalog enhancements: extended access to external service requests from a centralized Service Catalog, allowing end-users to view all available service requests—including those fulfilled by 3rd part vendors—from a single catalog.
- Hybrid Voice: new approach only requires https connection and implements enhanced management via HEAT administrator.
- Workflow enhancements: extended service design workflow includes new “Hourly schedules”; new “Export Data” and “Runs Program” Quick Actions, tracking dynamic “Get Approver” behavior, and new Time-Out monitoring.
- Import XML files: now supported.
- System functions: major system updates support larger file imports (up to 500mb), new user functions, escalation resets, and the linking, unlinking, and deletion of events.
- Discovery enhancements: supports new client OS’s and provides easier management through HEAT’s upgraded Administrator.
- Localization updates: provides a context-sensitive localization editor for multi-regional use.
- Currency data type: handles new organizational data types that deliver multi-currency support and tracks both value and type.
- HEAT web services API – service catalog: dramatically extends support for the service catalog by categorizing service requests, listing request offerings, fetching subscription IDs associated with service requests and more.
- Maximizes operational efficiencies by reducing ser¬vice desk call volume by up to 80% and time spent on application deployment by up to 95%.
- Reduces IT costs by reducing downtime due to un¬planned or unapproved changes by up to 75% and reducing total cost of ownership (TCO) costs by up to 70%.
- Improves service quality and compliance by reducing the number of status calls received by up to 80% and reducing troubleshooting efforts by up to 85%.
FrontRange is a leading provider of Hybrid IT software solutions for organizations of all sizes. With our suite of HEAT applications, FrontRange is the only company in the world that provides, from a single platform, Service Management and Client Management software on-premise and in the cloud. HEAT manages millions of service interactions and millions of devices every day for more than 15,000 leading organizations around the world. Our customers deliver world-class service while maximizing operational efficiencies with reduced cost and complexity. FrontRange is headquartered in Milpitas, Calif. and can be found at http://www.frontrange.com.
PR Manager(408) 601-2815