Over the next few blog posts, we’ll discuss how to take your Enterprise Mobility challenges and turn them into business advantages. Today’s post focuses on the challenge of defining company-specific best practices and policies for mobility.
Every business is different, and therefore no two mobility strategies will be the same. To be successful, you must:
- Understand your organization’s expectations before you tackle mobility and bring-your-own-device (BYOD).
- Identify your mobile use cases and define specific guidelines and policies based on what’s right for your organization.
- Determine what information and applications each department needs access to.
- Outline security procedures important to each business unit.
- Understand the regulations governing data usage and data access in the countries you operate in.
- Look into your specific data usage requirements, and any regulatory or compliance requirements.
Once you understand your internal policies and future requirements, you can begin to draft your Enterprise Mobility and BYOD policy framework. Make sure to coordinate with your legal department to learn the impact of privacy regulations.
For more information about the four biggest Enterprise Mobility challenges and how to resolve them, register for the complete whitepaper