Today marks the 25th anniversary of the World Wide Web and to demonstrate its astronomical growth during this time, hybrid software solutions provider, FrontRange, has issued an infographic analysing worldwide internet activity in just a single second.
“One second may not sound like much but that’s testament to the power of the web, an awful lot can happen in this time,” said David Puglia, CMO at FrontRange.
The full infographic can be seen here (link) but here’s a snapshot of its key findings.
- UK users post 13.5 selfies online
- 1,363,426 spam emails are sent
- 1.6 websites are created (18,144 novels worth of blog content is created each day)
- 10 minutes of music is uploaded to Soundcloud
- 8 comments are posted to Reddit
- 1 edit is made to Wikipedia
- 7.79 terabytes of information is transferred